Voice (248) 890-0140
Téléfax (248) 642-7732
French, English (native languages), German (working knowledge)
Martin H. Audet is a graduate of the Michigan State University School of Law and the Boston University and McGeorge Schools of Law. Mr. Audet obtained his Juris Doctor with specialization in international law in 1990, where he was awarded excellence in the study of law as well as other distinctions. Mr. Audet was also a staff member of the Law Review. Mr. Audet received a Masters of Law in international banking and finance from Boston University in 1992 and in 1993 received a Masters of Law in international business from McGeorge University (Salzburg, Austria).
In 1990, Mr. Audet joined the staff of Chicago offices of Gerretson & Santora and became a member of the firm's pharmaceutical defense team. While earning his advanced degrees in law, Mr. Audet worked at the law offices of Neal M. Brown in Boston, and Faltz & Associes in Luxembourg. After completing his thesis on international bank secrecy, Mr. Audet joined the Paris firm of Jobard Chemla & Associes, where he continued to advise multinational clients in connection with their international transaction and structuring requirements. Mr. Audet is a member of the bars of California, Illinois and Michigan and of the Chicago, Oakland and American Bar Associations. Mr. Audet speaks French and English.
Attorney & Counselor - International and U.S. Based International Transactions:
- Drafting and negotiation of contracts, preparation of opinions in the context of transnational transactions and tax matters, corporate and other entity structuring, export & import, estate and asset protection planning, transnational intellectual property license and distribution contracts, VAR agreements, cross-border banking, music industry, entertainment, and sports representation.
Stagiaire - French and U.S. Based International Transactions:
- Drafting and negotiation of contracts, preparation of opinions in the context of transnational transactions, European Union litigation, transnational intellectual property license and distribution contracts, VAR agreements, cross-border banking.
Stagiaire - International Banking Transactions:
- International corporate and company planning, trans-border tax structuring, preparation of prospectuses, collateralized tripartite financing agreements within complex international tax and banking structures, organization of offshore companies and banking law.
Associate - Pharmaceutical Defense Section:
- First chair for civil jury and bench trials concerning defense of medical, real property, negligence and cross-border trade matters, arbitration hearings, drafting and negotiation of contracts, preparation of opinions in the context of third generation liability and pharmaceutical negligence, depositions and evidentiary hearings, bankruptcy matters.
Intern - International Corporate Department:
- Drafting of agreements related to M&A transactions (purchase and sale options, representations and warranties, assessments), preparation of opinions in the context of shareholder and board-member liability, tariff reduction regulations, import-export requirements.
Boston University, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Masters of Laws (LL.M.)
Major: International Banking and Finance, Securities Regulation
University of Salzburg, Salzburg, Austria, EU
Major: International Transactions and European Union Law.
McGeorge School of Law, Sacramento, California, USA
Masters of Laws (LL.M.)
Major: Transnational Business
Michigan State University School of Law, East Lansing, Michigan, USA
Juris Doctor (J.D.)
Major: Comparative International Law
Academic Activities: Law Review (General staff & Policy staff), Moot Court, Jessup Moot Court, National Moot Court, International Law Society, Teaching Assistant, Research Writing and Advocacy Honors.
McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Major: U.S. - Canadian Comparative Law
Albion College, Albion, Michigan, USA
Bachelor of Arts (B.A.)
Major: Sciences and Communications